GL

DN

Thursday July 10th my BFFAE, Elisabeth, got married. I'm not going to lie, it was a little bitter sweet. She looked AMAZING! The day started off bright and early (well at least for the bride, and anything before noon is considered early for me). I don't think she could have picked a better day. It was bright and sunny all day long! Her and Alex got married in the Bountiful Temple and they were lucky enough to be able to have her Grandpa marry them. (Since we were little, that has been a dream of hers to have him marry her to her husband. With his health not the best for the past many years, no one knew if he'd still be around or even able to seal them.) From everyone that was able to attend the ceremony they all said he did an amazing job! They both looked so happy and in love when they came out. It was awesome!
At the luncheon both her and Alex had some family members talk about them. It's fun to hear about your friends from those who know them the best. It was a lot of fun and everything looked and tasted amazing.
After that we headed to the reception center to help get things set up. I don't know if everything turned out how Elisabeth wanted, but it all looked incredible to me! By the look on Elisabeth's face when they went to leave the reception, apparently Elisabeth didn't know what Alex had up his sleeve. A gorgeous limo was outside waiting for them! It was an amazing day and I'm glad that I've been able to have Elisabeth as my friend for 23 years (and six months). I couldn't have pick a better friend and I'm more than excited to have Alex as a new friend. I haven't seen any other guy treat her better than he does and I know that he is more than perfect for her. Congratulations BFFAE!
2 comments:
Crazy! They're just dropping like flies they are...
Listen, I TOTALLY understand how you feel. Remember when Michelle Stam, Melanie Hanson, Marci Dayhuff and a bunch of other girls my age all got married all at the same time?? Yeah, they were all like 18 or 19 when they got married. I felt like a big looser. I was married at 23 and I felt super old compared to the rest of my ward friends. Chin up, your turn will come around! You are awesome. :)
Post a Comment