Friday, January 1, 2010

Hi-C 09


So I realized that a couple posts down, I totally forgot that I'd said I'd update ya'll on my volleyball team, and I haven't done that yet. In fact I haven't blogged in a while. So Is, you should be proud that I'm updating this sucker! haha
A year ago this last fall, I had some of my Laurels talk me into trying to coach their club volleyball team. Which I ended up doing and I'm so grateful I did. I learned so much from my girls, it was unreal. I think that season was more about helping them and me grow up, rather than anything else. We had a few bumps in the road and a couple girls decided they didn't want to play any more. :( They were greatly missed the last half of the season. But all in all the team pulled through and we only continued to improve up until the final game. I don't think those girls realize how much of an impact they truly had on me and I will forever be grateful to all of them!
One of my favorite things about this team is that they loved to get together and have parties! They are crazy. haha There was NEVER a dull moment with them!


Our first of many parties, we decided to go ice skating

Then we decided to just "hang out" haha and play some Rock Band.

Then,

Spoons is a VERY serious game for them! haha


One of my girls had a pool, so we ended the season with a party at her place!

These next few photos are at the last tournament we had


I loved my team last year!!


Now on to a new adventure with a new team. . .

2 comments:

Al and Eli said...

I am so proud of you!!! Not just the volleyball thing, but you BLOGGED!!! that's what I'm talking about!

Good luck this next year... I have a feeling.

A. Norman said...

Is, you have a feeling?? Might you be so inclined to fill me in on that feeling? Good? Bad? Volleyball related? Not? Now you've got me curious!